Lilypie 5th Birthday PicLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

We're ready to go home

My son is sleeping!

At 2:30, I signed the final papers from Holt and they handed Kim Dong Joon to me. The fact that the adoption will not be finalized until we are back in the United States didn't take away the intense feeling that I was finally holding my son. I cannot wait to get him home to his father and sister!

The whole thing was pretty emotional for D.J.'s foster mother as well. She has fostered 21 children for Holt and has seen them all go to new families, but she still feels a sense of loss after each one is gone from her home. D.J. was also with her for 7 months, which is longer than a lot of children have stayed with her in the past. I promised her I would send pictures and updates. She is an amazing woman and we will be forever grateful to her and her family.

I went back to the guesthouse expecting D.J. to cry the whole time, but instead he was very happy and facinated with everything around him. He loves being held by everyone and has a very contagious laugh. We have done a lot of mother-son bonding as well and he seems to have attached to me quickly. Whenever I leave him with someone, he always seems to look for me every few minutes. Warms my heart.

Here are a few shots:

First bath with Mama

Notice the shirt?


So, tomorrow we are leaving for our journey back to Texas. Let's hope his pleasant demeanor lasts for the long journey home. Daddy and Veronica - here we come!

4 comments:

Carol said...

oh portia! congratulations to you and erek! dj is beautiful and looks so happy too. happy travels home! veronica will be a big sister!

snoopyjoanne said...

he is so cute in the sink! :) heehee. i'm so happy your whole family will be reunited soon!!!

K & M's Mummy said...

What wonderful news! Congratulations! I know it has been a long wait-I am so excited for you guys! I love his chubby cheeks...too cute! Many prayers for a safe trip home.

Anonymous said...

He is an absolute doll, congratulations!!!

Lisa (from the Ducky board)