Lilypie 5th Birthday PicLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Images from Seoul

I'm still exhausted, but I thought I would share some of what I saw today.

Podocheong parade in Insadong


Insadong

And since Erek told you about my shower, here's a picture to clarify:

Yes, it's just a faucet in the corner of the bathroom. It worked very well and I was surprised that everything in the bathroom stayed pretty dry. I'm wondering if this concept would work well in our master bathroom in Plano.

When I arrived in Seoul, I was determined to do at at least a little sightseeing. I went to Insadong, a little neighborhood that the Lonely Planet describes as "The small, compact district [which is] one of the few parts of Seoul to retain an atmosphere of the past" (p. 52 - you can decide the cheese factor in that quote. I'm too tired to comment on it). The neighborhood itself was great - lots of wonderful food to try and shops to look around. Then I realized that there was a parade going on. After a little investigation and stumbling upon a banner with an English translation, I learned that the parade was called Podocheong, described as a " unofficial historical drama to revive the security culture during the Chosun Dynasty." Check out the link.

http://www.jongno.go.kr/english/attraction/insadong02_sub05.jsp

As Erek said, tomorrow I meet D.J. At 3:00, his foster mother will bring him to the Holt office and we will have a one-hour meeting. Then on Tuesday, he is put in my arms forever. I'm a little overwhelmed.

Keep us in your thoughts tomorrow!



No comments: